The Town of Woodstock is currently seeking a Building Inspector to join our Planning and Compliance department on a full-time basis, located at our Town Hall. Reporting to the Development Officer, this position will be responsible for implementation and enforcement of all By-Laws relative to urban land use: specifically, the Municipal Plan By-Law, the Zoning By-Law, the Subdivision By-Law, the Building By-Law, the Collection and Disposal of Garbage By-law and the Dangerous or Unsightly Premises By-law.
Serve as the Building Inspector for the Town. Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• answer, respond to or redirect incoming emails and telephone calls to the Planning and Compliance Department;
• process service counter inquiries from the general public and contractors;
• receive, review and approve building permit applications, drawings and site development plans for proposed new construction and renovation projects related to residential, commercial, industrial and institutional activities;
• issue permits and carry out inspections;
• issue "Orders” to cause construction projects to comply with approved plans;
• administer and enforce the requirements of By-Laws
• ensure that projects and construction activities approved by the Planning and Compliance Department are in compliance with approved plans and the associated By-Laws;
• prepare monthly reports for building construction activities and Statistics Canada;
• review and make recommendations concerning proposed or planned municipal projects;
• maintain as-built information and update any changes to plans within the Planning and Compliance Department;
• Other secondary duties and general responsibilities, as assigned.
• Diploma in civil engineering technology or construction technology program of related experience or any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Must have, or be able to obtain, a NB Certified Building Official (NBCBO) Level 1 certification or a NB Building Code Qualified Official (BCQO) Level 1 certification
• A member in good standing of the New Brunswick Building Officials Association or eligible to become a member.
• A valid New Brunswick driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Applicants are to express their interest by submitting a resume and cover letter to the Town of Woodstock at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: March 20, 2020
Only those selected for an interview will be notified, although we thank all applicants for their interest.