Town of Woodstock - Job Opportunity
Community Van Driver
Reporting to the Woodstock Recreation & Community Services Department; the Community Van Driver is responsible for safely transporting members of the general public, daycares and volunteers in community buses (maximum 14 passengers) to various locations in Woodstock and surrounding area.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Transporting passengers safely to and from various locations in the Town of Woodstock and surrounding area.
· Driving in a professional and courteous manner that ensures the comfort of all passengers on board the van at all times.
· Performing duties efficiently and safely in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Act of the Province of New Brunswick, regulations and municipal bylaws, as well as policies and procedures as required by the Town of Woodstock.
· Conducting and documenting pre and post-trip vehicle safety inspections.
· Assisting passengers into and out of vehicles as necessary.
· Post-trip refueling and light cleaning of vehicles as required.
· Immediately report incidences, accidents or concerns to the Woodstock Recreation & Community Services Department.
· Completing Driver’s Log post-trip to record distance travelled and passenger count.
· A valid, unrestricted Class 4, New Brunswick Driver’s License and experience operating a bus, truck or similar vehicle.
· Previous experience working with the public.
· Must meet the medical standards of commercial driver conditions as set out in regulation 37 of the Motor Vehicle Act.
· A driver’s abstract and claims history which demonstrates a history of safe, reliable legal driving.
· Standard or Emergency First Aid Training & CPR.
· Clean Criminal Record Check & Vulnerable Sector Record
· Physically able to assist passengers entering and exiting the vehicles as required.
· Knowledgeable of the major roadways and routes in Woodstock and surrounding area.
· Experience working with people with disabilities, children, youth and seniors.
· Casual, based on operational need. Trips times vary and can be daytime, evening and weekends
Compensation and Benefits
· $14.54 per hour
How to Apply
· Applicant should submit a detailed resume with optional cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position via e-mail to Fallon Lappage – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis.